The Company has done an operational plotting of the entire country and the services under the sub brand of 'Safextension'. It was the idea of a 'Network beyond a Network' that led to the formation of Safextension. A Manual on the concept of Safextension was created with an objective to guide how one could reach 627 districts of India through 228 Gateways. The Manual provides information on a predefined routing for delivery via a predefined gateway to a predefined district. This manual helps in streamlining the company operations from the very first step. It is the first manual of its kind for India.
- Safextension Service is 'A Network beyond the Scheduled Network'.
- The concept is a very well thought over design, which has come in after a lot of research through the Company owned Center for Intelligence Research Excellence.
- Through Safextension service, Safexpress has mapped and covered every square inch of the country and can deliver to every possible place in India.
- The Company provides services to the entire 627 districts of the country.
- Not only the reach but even the Transit Time has been scheduled. We take minimum time in reaching the scheduled destination.
- All our deliveries are Time-definite.
- Safextension enables the customer to plan the supplies even to the remotest locations keeping in consideration the time when the supplies would be available with his dealer/retailer.
- Earlier the service was available to only 3PL customers. However, now Safexpress has extended this service to all its customers.
- Safexpress operates on the concept of 'Hub & Spoke' Model.
- Safexpress delivers goods to the consignees on the Scheduled Network of over 580 locations through 228 Delivery Gateways.
- These 228 Delivery Gateways also deliver to the locations under Safextension Network.
- The robust design aims at simplicity and hence these Delivery Gateways are assigned the responsibility of delivering to the identified Districts. Unlike other Service Providers, Safexpress has made it possible for the lowest wrung of the employees to identify the Delivery Gateway that would deliver the consignment booked by him for a Safextension location. A Reference Guide (periodically updated) helps do away with any anomaly.
- Most of the Service Providers do not have a fixed Transit Time for the locations served other than on the Scheduled Network, which does not allow the customer to plan his supplies. However, Safexpress follows a stringent transit-time schedule.
- Safexpress has a transparent system for rates of transportation to such locations, while the others follow different systems; the one common is based on kilometers. There always remains confusion with respect to the perception and reality giving rise to discomfort. The location of the last Delivery Station of different Service Providers also raises the issue of establishing the exact distance to the intended location of delivery and hence there is a dilemma in the mind of the customer.
- An R & D exercise brings out the most regularly used Safextension Locations, which are added to the Scheduled Network from time to time. This gives the benefit of saving on the extra Service Charge that the customer pays for delivering to such locations, an exercise which is not a very conscious approach with most of the Service Providers.
- The company ensures that the Delivery Gateways have vehicles in addition to their routine delivery operations to ensure the committed transit schedule and avoid any service related issues.