Safexpress since its inception in 1997 has grown phenomenally to become India's largest express cargo services provider. What differentiate us from the competition is our strong operational efficiencies and the high level of service standards that we continuously seek to provide to our customers. As we scale up our level of operations though, we find that maintaining these service levels is more and more of a challenge given the complexities of the landscape that we work in. To ensure that these complexities do not any way affect the level of our service standards and our operational efficiencies, the management has commenced a number of strategic initiatives such as shifting to the oracle based operating system, redesigning our IT infrastructure for better tracking and management, ramping up our hubs and warehouses, etc. In the same vein we have introduced an internal institute of training. This entity will cut across all departments and levels and seek to bring about homogeneity of ideologies and functions.
Safeducate was kicked off in May, 2009 from the corporate headquarters in New Delhi and seeks to structure the training initiative across the company. It essentially identifies best practices across all departments, standardizes the same and then conducts trainings to ensure that these are understood and followed. A team of internal trainers has been developed who conduct trainings on behavioral and specialized aspects of the individuals work profile. There is a strict schedule of trainings which leads to a certification of the participants of the training programs. We feel this initiative is essential for us to ensure that our organization successfully maintains its service levels and so that its policies and practices are understood and accepted by all. This is also an important value add for our employees because these training programs serve as a tool for their own enhancement personally as well as professionally.
Going forward we see this initiative emerging as Safexpress Institute of Logistics which we hope will:
- Develop into a world class institute imparting the latest and the most efficient practices in the field of logistics and supply chain management
- Develop and propagate global best practices in the field taking into account the eccentricities of the local environment
- Train and develop supply chain professionals to meet the demands of the logistics industry in particular and the business community in general
- Create a platform for the exchange of ideas to address issues faced by the Indian logistics industry
- Offer internationally recognized certification in the field of logistics in India